Ritonavir (Bioxovid)March 28, 2022
Molnucap Molnupiravir Capsules 200mgAugust 18, 2022
Rivona Remdesivir Lyophilized Powder For Infusion 100mg
Each lyophilized vial contains:
Remdesivir (An Antiviral Drug)
What is Remdesivir?
Remdesivir is an FDA-approved broad-spectrum antiviral drug that is injected. It is used to treat people with mild to moderate COVID-19 who may or may not be hospitalized but who are at high risk of developing a severe form of COVID-19, including hospitalization or death. It is used to treat coronavirus in adults and children 28 days of age, weighs at least 6.6 pounds and are Covid positive.
This drug generally comes as a solution or a powder mixed with liquid and is injected intravenously into patients.
Purpose: Remdesivir belongs to the class of drugs known as antivirals. It works by preventing the virus growth inside the body. It is frequently used to treat COVID-19 (all variants) patients with mild to severe symptoms.
When to use?
- Severe respiratory diseases
- Mild to severe COVID-19 symptoms
- Rivona is administered by injecting it into a vein by the healthcare provider.
- Remdesivir must be given slowly, and the duration of the infusion can vary from 30 to 120 minutes.
- Remdesivir is usually given once daily for up to 10 days if you are hospitalized.
- It is usually given once every day for three days if you are not hospitalized.
- Treatment for COVID-19 requires you to continue receiving medical attention from a doctor.
Advice to patients:
- Take the time to read and follow the instructions carefully.
- A qualified medical expert should only administer the dosage.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you experience any other medical problems, such as shivering, nausea, vomiting, sweating, dizziness, shortness of breath, an irregular heartbeat, or swelling.
- Let your doctor know if you’re pregnant or lactating mother, or if you’ve ever had a liver or kidney problem.