Each lyophilized vial contains:
Meropenem 500mg Vial
1) Meropenem is used to treat a wide variety of stubborn bacterial infections.
2) This medication is known as a carbapenem-type antibiotic.
3) It works by stopping the growth of bacteria, also known as Bactericidal antibiotics.
1) Meropenem is a broad-spectrum carbapenem antibiotic.
2) It is active against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria.
3) Meropenem exerts its action by penetrating bacterial cells readily and interfering with the synthesis of vital cell wall components, which leads to bacterial cell death.
1) Merobio is manufactured at a dedicated carbapenem plant.
2) State of the art manufacturing under the supervision of highly vigilant staff.
3) Available to patients at a competitive price with superior efficacy.
Indicated as a single agent therapy for the treatment of complicated skin and skin structure infections due to Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus pyogenes, Streptococcus agalactiae, viridans group streptococci, Enterococcus faecalis (vancomycin-susceptible isolates only), Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Escherichia coli, Proteus mirabilis, Bacteroides fragilis, and Peptostreptococcus species
500 mg IV q8hr; not to exceed 2 g IV q8hr
Indicated as a single agent therapy for the treatment of complicated appendicitis and peritonitis caused by viridans group streptococci, Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumonia, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Bacteroides fragilis, B. thetaiotaomicron, and Peptostreptococcus species
1 g IV q8hr; not to exceed 2 g IV q8hr
500 mg IV q8hr for ≤5 days
1 g IV q8hr
Before using meropenem, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it, or to other carbapenems (such as imipenem); or to penicillins or cephalosporins; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.