BIZOLAM TABLETS 0.5mgDecember 11, 2019
BIOSCAB LOTIONDecember 11, 2019
Infectious Disease (ID Control Medication)
250mg, 500mg and 1gm
Composed of Ceftazidime Sodium.
What is Ceftazidime?
Ceftazidime is one of those wonder drugs that we all hope to stumble upon when caught the bacterial infection. It can be used for the multiple bacterial infections. Ceftazidime is even used at times to treat some patients who may have fallen ill from things like food poisoning as well as patients with low white blood cell counts who are at high-risk for infection.
Purpose: Ceftazidime injection is effective in treating a number of bacterial infections. It is an antibiotic and helps to kill bacteria and prevent their growth in the body.
Available Dosages: 250mg, 500mg and 1gm
When to use?
- Respiratory infections, especially lung infections in cystic fibrosis.
- Ear, Nose, and Throat infections.
- Infections of the soft tissues and skin.
- Diseases of the bones and joints.
- Urinary tract infections.
- Infections of the abdomen, biliary tract, and digestive system.
- Infections of the brain fluid and membranes.
- Infection in patients with weakened immune systems
- As prescribed by the physicians. In adults this drug is typically injected into a vein or muscle once every 8 to 12 hours. Your symptoms and how well you respond to treatment will determine the dosage.
- Children above 2 months may take this in 2 or 3 divided doses, as directed by their doctor.
- Can only be administered after the doctor’s advice.
Advice to Patients:
- If there is pain, swelling, or redness at the injection or infusion site, consult your doctor immediately.
- After therapy, watery and bloody stools can develop and need to be treated soon.
- Make sure you’re getting enough liquids 2-3 liters to keep hydrated.